Going to Bangkok? Feeling overwhelmed with hotel choices? Well, do not be.
Here are some great Bangkok hotels we recommend based on your budget:
1. 8,000-9,000 BAHT A NIGHT
– THE ORIENTAL HOTEL – One of the world's premier hotels. The oldest hotel in Bangkok on the bank of Chao Phraya River. Nice colonial-style architecture. Not in the city center though.
2. 7,000-8,000 BAHT A NIGHT
– THE PENINSULA BANGKOK HOTEL – High reviews, world awards. On the bank of the Chao Phraya River, but on the farther island. Free hotel's shuttle boat service takes you to BTS skytrain.
– SUKOTHAI HOTEL – Beautiful contemporary Thai architecture in beautiful landscaped garden. A bit far from shopping areas but worth the beauty.
– FOUR SEASONS HOTEL BANGKOK – Right in front of BTS skytrain. The name guarantees the luxury. Close to most shopping malls.
3. 6,000-7,000 Baht A NIGHT
– GRAND HYATT ERAWAN – Stunning garden spa. Very close to BTS skytrain. High-end shopping right below the hotel and just across the street.
– THE BANYAN TREE BANGKOK – One of the newest hotels in Bangkok. The tallest hotel building in Bangkok. Exceptional spa and massage.
4. 5,000-6,000 BAHT A NIGHT
– SHERATON GRANDE SUKUMVIT – Beautiful Thai / Bali style swimming pool garden with soothing underwater music. Right at BTS skytrain.
– SHANGRI-LA HOTEL – On the bank of Bangkok's Chao Phraya River. Nice pool, nice view. But do not try the hotel's Angelini Italian restaurant though.
5. 4,000-5,000 BAHT A NIGHT
– CONRAD HOTEL BANGKOK – Contemporary hotel for modern lifestyle. A bit of walking to do to get to BTS skytrain. Traffic is always horrible right in front of the hotel.
– PLAZA ATHENEE HOTEL – Nice and close to BTS skytrain. But the hotel's name may cause pronunciation problem between you and local taxi driver. Bring the hotel's business card and the road name in Thai with you.
6. 3,000-4,000 BAHT A NIGHT
– MARRIOTT RESORT AND SPA – Right on the bank of Bangkok's Chao Phraya River. Very much like a secluded and relaxing resort. Not in the city center, but free shuttle boat to BTS station makes it all fine.
– NAI LERT PARK, RAFFLES INTERNATIONAL HOTEL – Lush garden with peaceful atmosphere. Within walking distance from BTS skytrain and shopping malls.
– TRIPLE TWO SILOM HOTEL – Nice boutique hotel with contemporary Asian design. At night, enjoy Silom Road's street market.
7. 2,000-3,000 BAHT A NIGHT
– PATUMWAN PRINCESS HOTEL – Great location, but always under renovation. Right inside MBK Shopping Center. Try the hotel's Japanese + Korean buffet lunch at Konju restaurant, only $ 25 / person.
– SOFITEL SILOM – Cozy boutique hotel in Bangkok. Few steps off the night market on Silom road. Near BTS skytrain.
8. 1,000-2,000 Baht A NIGHT
– BUDDY LODGE KHAO SAN ROAD – Nice hotel in the world-famous Khao San Road area. Good for backpacker with more budget. Ask for a quiet room. Khao San could get noisy at night.
9. 500-1,000 Baht A NIGHT
– ROYAL RIVER HOTEL – On the bank of Bangkok's Chao Phraya River. Quite difficult to get into the city. Big room for small price. You also get free breakfast buffet.
At the time of this writing, US $ 1 = 40 Thai Baht.